Smart merger and acquisition transactions can be a key component of business growth and on-going success. Business attorney Richard G. Burt is ready to assist at every stage of a merger or other acquisition transaction and to assure that the business deal is carefully documented and legally sound, with help on negotiation tactics as well as preparation of M&A agreements, contracts, and other documents, due diligence, and closing, Mr. Burt works assiduously to accomplish a transaction in which his client’s interests are protected.
Comprehensive Merger & Acquisition Services–From Start to Finish
Whether the business to be bought or sold is part of a corporation, limited liability company, professional practice, or sole proprietorship, Mr. Burt provides the knowledge and experience necessary for all variety of business buy/sell transactions, whether on the buy side or the sell side. The services include:
- Drafting of confidentiality agreements or non-disclosure agreements (NDAs)
- Letters of intent, including advice on the finer business points often not considered by buyers or sellers
- Negotiation and drafting of:
- acquisition agreements, such as an asset purchase agreement, a stock purchase agreement, or a merger agreement
- covenants not to compete (non-compete clauses)
- employment agreements and consulting agreements
- ancillary agreements, documents, and instruments, such as escrow agreements, officers’ certificates, bills of sale, assignments of leases and contracts, third-party consents, promissory notes, security agreements, and UCC financing statements
- Corporate law (or LLC law) compliance for authorization of the transaction
- Due diligence services
- Obtaining tax-clearances
- Providing and reviewing legal opinions
- Closing the transaction
Achieving success in a merger or other acquisition transaction requires timely responses, knowledge of the law, skill in negotiation, and familiarity with M&A customs and practices. Mr. Burt’s approach is to provide practical counsel to help his clients achieve their goals.
Business Transaction Expertise Specific to the Silicon Valley & California
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, Mr. Burt’s California business law firm has been assisting clients in the area for over 30 years. As a long-time M&A attorney in California, Mr. Burt knows that CA state law is important to the planning stages of a deal prior to the initiation of the transaction, and he is intimately familiar with California statutes, laws, and rules.
Our Legal Team Stands Ready to Serve
Mr. Burt has the experience, legal knowledge, and business acumen to plan and execute successful business transactions, large and small. He provides careful, thorough representation tailored to meet the specific needs and goals of each client while guiding the client through every step of the transaction. He offers the skill of a large-firm lawyer while maintaining the individual client focus and personalized service usually associated with smaller firms.
To learn more about Mr. Burt’s services, or to obtain legal help with a merger and acquisition transactions, please call today at (408) 286-7333 or fill out the online contact form. You will receive a response promptly.